Want To Visit Egypt? Here is your Egypt Tourism 2019 Guide
Egypt or Kemet Egypt — The land of ancient civilization, Egyptian Gods, kings, Great pyramid, and charming nature. Egypt’s civilization is thought to date back to 7,000 years ago. However, if you visit Egypt, you will be fascinated with its glorious heritage that preserves the beauty and uniqueness up to the moment. Here is your Egypt travel guide.
Egypt – A Destination For All Tourists
What makes Egypt a must-visit destination for tourists from the whole world? Three reasons.
- Heritage: Egypt has a unique, rich and various heritage that you cannot find in any country. If you think Egypt is only pharaonic; think twice. Egypt’s heritage includes different cultures related to pharaohs, Romans, Alexander the Great, Christianity, and Islam.
- People: People in Egypt are nice, kind, warm and friendly.
- Nature: Egypt has natural reservations, moderate weather, with an astonishing landscape appropriate for joyful activities, such as:
Egypt Travel Map — Where is Egypt located?
Egypt is located in the Middle East, definitely in the northern part of Africa, surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea as well. Inside Egypt, there is the Nile River that was thought to be originating from heaven. By the banks of the Nile River, the pharaohs were fond of building temples and tombs.
Egypt Travel Guide
If you are thinking about visiting Egypt, here is Egypt tourism 2019 guide, including destinations, activities, tips, and warnings that can help you plan and enjoy your trip.
Egypt travel destinations
Egypt Cairo & Cairo City
Egypt Cairo or Cairo city is the capital city of Egypt where kings of different civilizations lived. Here is a list of awesome monuments, astonishing palaces, holy and unique churches, cathedrals, mosques, and temples you can visit in Cairo.
- Manial Palace
- Al-Minsterley Palace and The Nilometer
- Al-Amir Taz Palace
- Baron Palace
- Citadel of Salah Eldin
- Cairo Tower
- Historical Religious Complex, including Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
- Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St Mary)
- Church of St Sergius and Bacchus
- Greek Orthodox Church of St. George (Mari Girgis)
- Ben Ezra Synagogue
- St Simon the Tanner Monastery
- Church of St. Barbara
- Mosque of Al-Azhar
- Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan
- Al Rifai Mosque
- Mosque of Muhammad Ali
- Mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas
- The Qalawun Complex, including Mosque of Ibn Tulun
- Madrasa of Sultan Barquq
- Al-Aqmar Mosque
- Sharia Al Mu’izz Li-Din Allah
- Midan Hussein
- Mosque of Syeda Zainab
- City of the Dead (Northern Cemetery)
- Liberation Square (Midan El-Tahreer)
- Al-Hakim Mosque
- Bab Zuweila
- Fort of Babylon
- Mastaba of Kagemni
- Bab al-Futuh
- Mosque-Madrassa of al Ghouri
Giza City — Giza Egypt
The Great Pyramid is the main landmark of Giza Egypt. However, it is not the only one. While in Giza, here are the pyramids you can visit:
- The Giza pyramid complex: This is where the most famous Egypt pyramids are located, including:
- The Great Pyramid of Giza, also known as the Great Pyramid of Khofu.
- The Pyramid of Khafre
- The Pyramid of Menkaure
- The Great Sphinx of Giza – Also known as Alabaster Sphinx
- Pyramids of Dahshour
Other Egypt Travel Destinations in Giza
- Tomb of Queen Khentkaus I
- Memphis Egypt & Sakkara
- Pharaonic Village
What makes Egyptian Pyramids Great?
The greatness of Egypt pyramids comes from the purpose of building pyramids and the unique design of Egypt pyramids that has stood for thousands of years, as well as the geographical location that was chosen by scientists.
The Great pyramids of Giza were built to preserve the bodies of Egypt’s ancient kings for the afterlife. Science reveals mysterious secrets about the Great Pyramids of Giza from time to another.
Egypt Pyramids Inside: Kings Souls & Gold Coffins
Inside the Great Pyramids of Giza, there are tunnels and tombs where the golden coffins containing the cadavers of Egypt’s kings were discovered.
Luxor City — The Capital of Ancient Egypt
Luxor city is the capital of Ancient Egypt. Imagine! How much pharaonic heritage is there? Egyptians believe that Luxor city contains 1/3 the antiquities in the whole world. While in Luxor, here are things you can do in Luxor at night and day, depending on the weather. Visit:
Luxor Travel Destination
- Luxor Sound and Light Show
- The Valley of the Kings and Queens
- Visit Karnak Temple
- Tomb of Queen Nefertari
- Temple of Medinat Habu
- Luxor Temple
- Tomb of Ramses VI
- Tomb of Sennedjem
- Tomb of Ramses III
- Obelisk of Thutmoses I
- Tumba de Ramses IV
- Valley of the Artisans (Deir el-Medina)
- Tomb of King Tutankhamun (Tut)
- Temple of Amun
- Ramesseum (Mortuary Temple of Ramses II)
- Avenue of Sphinxes
- Temple of Amun
- Tomb of Amonherkhopeshef
- Temple of Hatshepsut
- Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari
Do you want to have fun in Luxor?
When it comes to entertainment in Luxor Egypt, there are unique things to do in Luxor, such as:
- Hot air balloon tour
- Sailing felucca in the River Nile
- Camel ride
Aswan Egypt – Aswan City
Aswan Egypt or Aswan city is also a destination for Egypt tourism. Aswan is located at the southern part of Egypt, which is called Upper Egypt. Here are some examples of Egypt travel destinations in Aswan City.
- Abu Simble Temples
- Temple of Philae – If you go in the evening, you can enjoy the Sound and Light Show.
- Nubian Village
- New Kalabsha
- Sehel Island
- Agilkia Island
- Temple of Amada
- Sehel Island
Sinai Egypt Travel — Nature, Heritage and God
Sinai Egypt, including Sinai South City and Sinai North City, is a destination where you can enjoy the charming nature in a holy atmosphere. While in Sinai Egypt, you may visit a holy mountain called El Tor Mountain.
You may visit the cities listed below where you can enjoy staying in magnificent resorts, classy hotels and nice camps on the red sea beach.
Sinai Egypt Destinations
The list is long. Here are just some examples:
- Sharm El-Sheikh
- El Tor Mountain
Egypt travel tips
Here is a guide of Egypt travel tips that may help you enjoy to the max in less time.
- While in Cairo, visit Giza. Cairo and Giza are just a few minutes away from each other.
- Beni-Suef: A neighboring city — Two hours away from Cairo where there is an awesome cave called Wadi Sannur Cave Protected area.
- While in Luxor, visit Aswan and Qena via a Nile cruise. In Qena, you may enjoy a Dandera Temple tour in the great Dendera Temple complex.
- While in Sinai, visit all the regions of both Sinai South and Sinai North, then head to Hurghada Egypt via a cruise in the red sea.
What is Egypt language?
Egypt language is Arabic. However, the English language is common in Egypt, especially in destinations, hotels, airports,… etc.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Some people wonder whether it is safe to travel to Egypt. Sure, it is. Egypt is extremely safe. Not only for tourists; but also for expats. There are thousands of expats settling down in different cities of Egypt.
What about visiting Egypt pyramids?
Some tourists ask, “is it safe to travel to Egypt pyramids?” Yes, it is. However, there are three warnings you need to take into consideration.
Egypt Travel Warnings
- Do you want to visit Egypt pyramids? The best time to visit Egypt pyramids is early in the morning to avoid hot temperatures. Sunblock can also help if you would prefer to visit Egypt pyramids in the afternoon.
- Avoid trying to climb the pyramids. That is illegal and can be risky as well.
- Suffocation: If you are struggling with breathing problems such as asthma, you may need to think twice before entering inside the pyramids.
Place your content for the second column here.